Thursday, March 8, 2012

Things are good Thursday

School is just as crazy and disorganised as ever, but I am totally just taking it all in my stride. Today, for example, I was told 15 minutes before my after-school class was due to begin that it was cancelled. Bonus though, I asked if I still had to stay till 6pm anyway, and they let me go at 5 :)

I got off the bus really early and walked 20 minutes home, which was great. I've decided once and for all to make a much better effort at being healthier. After my walk I bought some art supplies for a decorating project to do over the weekend. I will post pictures when I'm done. And let me say, the stationary shop here in Osan has the best selection of coloured and textured paper and card that i have EVER seen. I wanted to buy way more than I did... but I couldn't think of anything to do with it. Maybe paper craft can be my new hobby?

After shopping I decided to go to a restaurant for some dinner. I was too tired to be bothered cooking, I knew if I went home I'd eat crap. I've been kind of a scaredy cat about going to restaurants alone here. I haven't done it since I moved to Osan. Tonight though, I plucked up my courage, and felt I'd learned enough Korean to get by with a Korean only menu and staff. And what happens? The menu has perfect English, English descriptions, and the staff speak English. Haha on me :) Anyway, I had a very tasty Soo-gogi Dookbaegi (which means beef... something?). It was a beef. vegetable, and glass noodle soup with side dishes and rice. It was super tasty! And also really relaxing. I actually enjoyed sitting down to eat a meal and not watching TV or having to talk to anyone. I love eating out with friends, but this sort of reminded me that I've gotten into some REALLY bad habits.

Today's five:

1) Got off the bus early and had a nice walk home.

2) got some neat art supplies to decorate my apartment.

3) got to go home early.

4) Had dinner out and tried a new Korean dish (which I'll be doing lots more of!).

5) had a leisurely morning because I only had to start work at 10. So, my day was actually two hours shorter today :) And Tomorrow is some sort of test day for the whole school, so I think I have no teaching. Better take a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment