Saturday, March 3, 2012

Big Walk Saturday

Last night's Osan get-together was awesome! As the night went on, more and more people turned up. I met some really nice people, including a bunch who actually live in the same apartment building as me. Sometimes there did seem to be a bit of cringe-worthy 'I know so much about living in Korea' posturing going on, but it was pretty low key. Also, by about 12am, everyone else was getting very drunk, and I was sick of all the smoke, so I came home. But, I actually had a very fun night, and would like to do it again :)

I did not find any suitable running pants at E-Mart. So, instead I went for a big two hour walk today in my jeans. I couldn't find any good pants on my walk either, so I've actually cut the legs off my too small $5 China trackpants and will wear those until it's warm enough for the shops to sell shorts. I first walked down to the river and along it for about 40 minutes. I had my new Donkeyboy CD on, and I walked REALLY hard. It felt fantastic, and the CD is so good! I really enjoyed myself. About 10-15 minutes into my hard-core walking I got a massive mood surge! I felt awesome.

After the river, I went and had a poke around in the Osan market. I got another yummy whole fried chicken (was more cost effective than buying chicken bits), and had some lunch. I had some kimchi filled potato pancakes, which were very nice. Then I came home, and despite my massive mood high this morning, have been in a bit of a decline this afternoon.

I didn't go to the Korean class in Suwon - I was utterly exhausted this morning, so I just stayed home.

OK, today's five:

1) The new Donkeyboy CD is amazing! I wish I could take it intravenously or something. I really love it.

2) I wore my new running shoes on my walk today and they were great. Very comfortable. I'm going to run tomorrow in my cut up pants, so we'll see how they go then.

3) On-going exercise might be one of the answers to my low mood. And I'm making a concerted, if mostly fail-ridden, attempt to eat better.

4) A nice old Korean guy on a bike gave me a big smile today.

5) A new pet store/ dog grooming place has just opened along the main road. Every time I walk past there's a dog having it's hair cut, and it looks hilarious.

Now, I'm off to eat chicken and listen to my new CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment