Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Today I stayed in bed until 11am! For no reason other than I had a good book, and felt like reading it and not getting up. It was great! I finally finished the book, and then got up to start my day. Which has consisted of not much really.

I cleaned the apartment, did the grocery shopping, and attempted to make scones. Apparently the baking stuff here in Korea is a little different because they tasted like baking powder - ewww. And I had a bit of an adventure cooking them in a combination of microwave and toaster oven. If they hadn't tasted so yuck, they would have been a success. As it is, I've had to throw them out. I'm going to attempt to make some choc-chip shortbread after dinner instead. Hopefully that will cook in a toaster oven.

Then I watched an episode of Bones, the best TV show ever, had a nap, and am now making wedges for dinner. I think I fail at Korea - I don't cook Korean food, and I'm making no effort at all to learn Korean. It's a bit hard to get motivated when there's so many other fun things I want to do. Though, I'm thinking I might start spending some of the school day down time to learn some more Korean phrases.

And that's all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment