Wednesday, November 9, 2011

'Cup' cake Tuesday

Again, today was much the same, teaching-wise. I started off feeling really good, as I got to do a smidge of teaching in a couple of the lessons, but then I had three lessons where I did nothing. Then I was told that the vice-principle has decided I can't have Thursday off any more, so I have to cancel my trip to Everland and come to school when there are no other teachers and no students. I'm going to use the day to plan the winter camps that may or may not run. Also, my after school classes have been cancelled for the next few days - which throws my lesson schedule a bit wonky. I had the hell class back again today. I sent one of the boys home. I didn't get mad, but he wasn't there to learn, so I asked him to leave. Blegh.

On the up side, my ARC card came today, so the school helped me open a bank account. I've got an ATM card now, so I don't have to carry huge wads of cash around with me! On Sunday I'm going to go to the Korean Exchange bank to get this account that when you put money in it it automatically transfers it overseas.

I went to the market on my way home, as planned, and got some fruit and vegetables. Everything looks really nice and fresh. I bought the persimmons because someone told me they are in season and are really nice. They are not. I ate part of one and am just throwing the rest away. They hardly have any flavour at all and are all squishy! Not my cuppa tea. I have grown very fond of these mushrooms though... but I'm not sure what they're called - are they those oyster mushrooms?

Clockwise from left: persimmons, spring onions, coriander, green chillies, and mushrooms.

And now, the best part of my day... microwave muffin in a cup! I got it at the supermarket yesterday just as a novelty. You just add an egg and then microwave it for a minute and a half and you have cake! I had to decipher this from the pictures on the back, because I couldn't read the Korean instructions. It was actually quite nice :) Very fluffy.


Intriguing...

Little choc-chips bits in the cup, and the powder.

All mixed up with an egg.

1.30 in the microwave and it's a muffin miracle!

It didn't taste like a 'home made' one, but it was pleasant, and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment