Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Just Chillin' Tuesday

Literally! There was such a big frost this morning. All the fields were frozen, and so were my ears and nose. Goose down jacket, you are my hero! I am so, so, so glad I bought it.

My after school class actually went ahead today. We were covering comparatives and superlatives, and the lesson went really well. I had structured it carefully, with lots of examples and guided practice, and by the end they (all three of them) were making correct comparative and superlative sentences! I had one slide where they had to compare Lady Gaga to 2pm (a REALLY popular boy band here in Korea) and they loved it! The told me 2pm were 'cuter', 'the cutest', 'more popular'. I was impressed. Hopefully tomorrows class isn't cancelled either, I want to see what the third graders can do with the same material.

Mr Beak asked me to write part of the end of year English exam today. I had to write a bunch of multi-choice questions and modify texts from the student's book to use. He told me I have until the middle of next week, but I had so much free time today that I'm actually done already. It made the time go nice and fast! I still have work to do on my winter camp plans, which should keep me busy for the rest of the week. Tomorrow should be a busy day too, because after lunch I think I'm going to some other school to watch another English class. I'm not sure of where, why, or who I'll be watching, but hopefully it's interesting. It'd be awesome if I was some great teacher who I could really do some learning from! I might ask Mr Beak why I'm going, perhaps there's something in particular he feels I need help with. He's all about the indirect communication, and I am typically REALLY bad at that. If you need something, want something, or feel like I should change something, you're going to have to either be really obvious about it (which would probably lead to me losing respect for you) or just ask directly (which would lead to me gaining respect for you and possibly doing something about it). So, I'll try asking him and perhaps short-cut the process.

Thanks to mum, I was watching some funny videos on you-tube (mum, have you seen the Ali-G talks religion one? If I'd been drinking anything at the time, it would have come out my nose!), and I came across this one. I really like Ricky Gervais, both his comedy and the philosophies and ideas he discusses in his shows. I found this talk to be quite a good summation of my feelings towards God and religion too.



Ok, hot water bottle, good book and bed time!

No comments:

Post a Comment