Monday, November 28, 2011

100th post Monday!


Ok, the end of the day is nearly here. Well, the school day, anyway. This is my first 'official' day of preparing for my two weeks of Christmas lessons and winter camp. I've worked really hard today, and time has flown by! Seriously, the day has gone so quickly. The only problem is, that now all I have left to do is to photocopy and slightly modify some workbook pages so they suit my purpose and teaching style better, and then I'm done. Like, fully done. Maybe I will plan a second winter camp? I was just going to use modified versions of the same stuff for all three grades, and I probably still will, but making a new camp will fill in my time some more. Look, I have enough time to make my worksheets pretty! This is one of the sheets I made today. I didn't actually make any of the art or anything, it's basically just a collage with my own worksheet material arranged on it.



Just this morning I found out, through Facebook, not through my job or anything (!), about a ESL Korea conference for my area on in Suwon this Saturday. There are some speakers talking about things like teaching techniques, classroom motivation and interesting sounding stuff like that. And it's only $15 to go, and we get dinner. So, I've signed up to go to that on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it, I missing some of the academic type stimulation I've gotten so used to! And it's being held at Suwon university, so I get to go and check out a Korean university too! I am a bit of a nerd, huh? Oh well.

Then there's another ice-hockey game on Sunday that I am going to go to. Laura's going to that too, and probably bringing some friends, so that should be nice. I actually have stuff planned every weekend from now until Christmas. Not that that is actually that many weekends away!

I've not done much today other than lesson plan, eat lunch, and travel on the bus :) My after school class is soon, and hopefully that goes well! It's the class that can either be really sweet, or devils from hell, so I never know how's it's going to go :) MMmmm... left over pizza for dinner :)

*           *                *

Ok, after school class went well. We were still working on quantifiers, and really started to make some progress. Slight change of plans with the pizza for dinner though. Courtney messaged me and wanted to know if I wanted to do another Korean BBQ with her as she had a craving. Of course I do! So, now I have to stay up until 10pm before I can have dinner. Normally, I wouldn't do that on a Monday night, but seeing as I have bugger all to do at work this week, I feel ok about it. Plus I was reading that the best way to make friends is to almost never say no to an invite (unless you don't want them as a friend, of course), so I'm going with that :)

And here's a couple more photos from the zoo that I stole of Laura:

Christmas dolphins!

I didn't buy my hat, but Laura did!

Christmas dolphin posing.

Woooo! And this is my 100th blog post! Well done me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment