Sunday, December 16, 2012

Two days on a felucca Wednesday

It's Wednesday night and I've spent the past day and a half on a boat on the river Nile! It's been mostly uneventful, not really much to report. It's been super relaxed and amazingly beautiful. The boat is basically one big bed with pillows mad blankets, and the roof is solid so you can go up there and sunbathe or whatever. I've had a lot of sun today! The crew has been cooking for us, and we've had some really nice food. I'll be glad to get off tomorrow and shower and use a toilet, but this has been really fun!

After I wrote the above paragraph, the felucca trip got even better! We docked for the night on a small beach and after dinner the Cree of our Noah made a small bonfire. Our whole group went and joined them and they played us some traditional songs using a couple of drums they'd brought with them. It was a lot of fun!

Now I'm off the felucca and in the hotel in Luxor. It's very nice! Tonight we've got a night tour of Luxor temple and dinner. Tomorrow is the hot airballoon, some sight seeing, and then sleeper train overnight to Cairo. I'm trying to book a hotel in Cairo for two extra nights, but the one I tried originally hasn't gotten back to me. I'll try them again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment