Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Job interview Tuesday

I just had an hour long job interview with Suwon University. I have no idea how well it went. I had prepared a full sheet of answers to common interview questions, but they asked me some really bizarre stuff. Well, the first guy did, and then the senior lady asked me regular stuff about my work history and teaching philosophy and whatnot. I think the first guy was trying to test my creative thinking and ability to deal with random stuff. His questions included things like "blue or red?"; "choose 5 CDs"; " are you a dandelion or an oak tree in terms of flexibility?"; and "would Ghandi make a good software engineer?". The last one was my favourite. It made for quite a fun interview. Interestingly, before we started, the guy was telling me not to worry and not to be nervous. I hadn't even thought to be nervous, he said it and I was thinking "oh yeah, some people do get nervous, don't they?". It hadn't even occurred to me.

Anyway, the job sounds really great, and I'll probably take it if they offer, but won't sweat it if they don't.

In other news, today is my last day in Egypt. I'm so excited! I've had enough of it now. Touring was fun, but I wouldn't want to live here. Today's plan includes sleeping, eating, and trying to find somewhere to print my boarding pass so I can check-in electronically for my flights and choose my seats early. Hopefully the hotel has a business center or something where I can print my forms.

That's all. Everything going to plan, my next post will be from America!

No comments:

Post a Comment