Monday, December 3, 2012

A holiday from my holiday Sunday

I had a great Skype chat with mum last night :) I'd cheered up a lot by then and was feeling pretty good, so I went to bed happy. Today I've emailed both Jen and Matt to catch up, cos I've been a total communication slacker during the tour. I was too busy to email!

Today's been a really relaxing day. I've been just reading, walking, sleeping, and eating. I'm trying to sit as much as possible to rest my knee.

But, mostly what I've been doing today is thinking. So much thinking! Why is it that some decisions are so hard to make and others just fall into place like it was all just what you should have wanted in the first place? All That worry and fuss over Andy and now I'm trying to decide how to best tell him I wont be coming back. The thing that really gets me is that I'm not sad about it. Hugely guilty, but not upset. Even if Frank wants nothing to do with me ever again, he's opened my eyes to how things could be, and I want a part of that. I'm certainly having some adventure, that's for sure!

Here's five things I love today:

1) My friends and family. You guys are so crazy supportive of all my life! I love ya.

2) Hot showers. They can temporarily make just about anything feel ok.

3) My puzzle ring from Florence. I'm not sure why I like it so much, but I love wearing it.

4) Photos! I've just been looking back through a bunch of picture from the last 5 or so years. So many good things to remember.

5) Looking forward. Just like I've been enjoying looking back, I've also had some fun looking forward today. The future is completely uncertain, and I'm strangely ok with that. I have no concrete idea of what I'll be doing, or even what country I'll be in in three weeks time, but that's ok. Am I finally learning to deal better with change? Wouldn't that be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment