Thursday, December 8, 2011

Poetic Thursday


Ok, I have just finished standing at the back of two 45 min exams! I had time to compose a few haikus:

Nam-Sa middle school
cold concrete, children inside.
Uniformity.

Icy cold mornings,
I look forward to the snow,
But fear I might freeze.

Korea's too cute,
it is a cute overload.
pens, pencils, people.

Korean snack food,
Much to good and way too much,
It will make me fat.

Ode to lemon tea;
how sweet your citrus goodness.
Hot joy in a cup.

You can clearly see my talents as an English teacher on display here. I shall, perhaps, publish a book of poems one day :-D

Anywho, during the end of the second exam, I was paired with a very nice lady teacher, who likes to chat with me. She was trying to tell me/ sympathise with how boring it was to stand there for 45 mins. I totally agreed. Then, out of the blue, she asks me how I like Mr Beak. I told her that he way nice, very helpful and kind... then she said she doesn't like him and that he talks too much and it gives her a headache, but that it's a secret, so don't tell anyone. Um, ok? Office gossip, or what? I just made a sympathetic face and changed the subject to the weekend. I mean, I'm not that keen on him either, and he sure as hell talks a lot in class, but I'm not going to say that to anyone here! No telling what might happen. And, why on earth was she telling me - he's my co-teacher. Weird :s

A great thing about today: my coloured pencils arrived - and just in time! I asked Mr beak about getting some about a month ago, and he said he's order some. I was starting to think I'd need to remind him, but he brought in a whole 12 full packs of colouring pencils, which even included sparkly silver and gold ones. Awesome! And they are just in time for the Christmas lessons next weeks, and will be very useful for Winter camp. He says the Korean-English dictionaries I asked for might arrive tomorrow. Sweet as! 


Also, here is a video of my bus ride home. A boring subject, perhaps, but it helped keep me entertained making it :)




No comments:

Post a Comment