Thursday, December 1, 2011

No snacks Thursday.


Another day of make-work today. 

I know, I'm like a worksheet artist now.

I have probably got about two to three months of after school lessons planned now as well as two weeks of Christmas lessons and three weeks of winter camp. I've been a bit bored today, but I got stuck into planning tomorrow's after school class so that it is hopefully really good. That's the class I've been asked to make easier, so I have used a student workbook as a base, and focused in on a very small area of vocabulary and sentence structure, and then just go over that again and again in different ways. I've got a power point of the stuff, some worksheets, two speaking exercises, and an awesome power point game I modified to fit the topic/ target language. I doubt we'll have time to get through it all, but there is a lot of variety of activities, but a lot of repetition of language. With any luck this will be easy enough to satisfy the boss, but varied enough not to bore the more advanced students to tears. I went all out and my ppt presentation has animations and everything. Man is it tricky to get pictures that match verbs though! I managed fairly well, I think. I am especially looking forward to trailing the speaking tasks.

It's Thursday, so I have had no classes at all today. Just desk work. Man, do I need a good stretch now!

In other news, my busy weekend, just got busier, with an invite to go with Courtney and Jen tomorrow to a foreigner bar in Suwon. So, out Friday night, out at the conference all day Saturday, and then out all day Sunday in Seoul for the ice-hockey. Awesome :) I might be bored at work, but at least I'm not bored the rest of the time!

Also, I am starting the war against snacking. I have developed a very bad habit of eating crap ALL the time. My excuse is that I'm trying new things, but it has to, if not stop, then at least slow down. So, "Hello, my name is Sam and I'm a snack-a-holic. I've been snack free for 19 hours". Basking Robbins once a week does not count. Neither does fruit.

And, for something interesting to do (if not to watch), I made a video of my walk home from the bus :)


No comments:

Post a Comment