Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday's 5



So, today a creepy old man told me I had nice legs. This does not make the top five list because the way he said it was not complementary, it was just plain creepy! So, actual nice things that made my day:

1) Finding out I could read on the bus without getting motion sickness. It made the bus trip so fast and relaxing. Now, rather than having a big blank spot twice in my day, I can read. I'm really enjoying my books at the moment!

2) My students love it when I call things 'yucky'. It was a pretty new expression to them when I first started taking their class, but now they routinely describe unpleasant things as 'yucky'. It cracks me up!

3) Today we were working on language for making complaints, in class. The class comedian decided that there were pair of dirty underwear left in his fictional hotel room, which he wanted to go to the front desk and complain about. He always comes up with the most bizarre ideas whilst role-playing. It certainly makes my day more interesting!

4) I made up a really successful circle game today called 'complain or complement'. The class sits in a circle and throws a ball, saying either 'complain' or 'complement'. Whoever catches the ball has to make a sentence complaining about something or giving someone in the class a complement. It worked quite well as an end of class filler and helped practice complaining phrases. It was also funny, which is a bonus :)

5) It's pretty cold tonight, so I am going to fill my hot water bottle and go to bed and read for a few hours. A nice, warm, relaxing end to a pretty nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment