Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday's 5

Today has been a tad meh, so I will have to think hard about my five nice things.
1) Well, first of all, the sun was out today. If you know the awful rainy weather we've been having, you'll know what a nice change it was. It wasn't too warm, but the brightness was nice. Also, someone down the road mowed their lawn. Cut grass in the  sunshine, enough said :)



2) On the way home today, from the bus window, I saw two fox terriers get let off their leash at the beach. They were so obviously overjoyed! I love terriers, they are such wonderful, emotive, fun and loving dogs.

3) I made bolognese quesadillas for lunch. Yeah, the mince juice went everywhere. Like, ran like a read meaty river out of the toasted sandwich maker and all over the bench. It was pretty funny. What made this most enjoyable was that because I cooked, Brook had to clean up!

4) My criminal check STILL didn't come today. In trying to find some positive in that situation, I started to think about all the things in my life that do go well, and that I am very lucky! Another teacher was chatting to me in the elevator today and she was saying that a lot of the other language schools in Auckland are having to lay off teachers at the moment because their enrolments are going down. ALC, where I work, is actually growing, so I am very lucky that I chose to do my CELTA there and then get work there!

5) A Japanese girl in my class told me about 'rilakkuma'. She's quite a quiet girl in class, but she had a really cute pencil case. I asked her about it and she started telling me all about her favourite cartoon characters, all in very good English. It was really nice to chat to her, and the rilakkuma characters really are very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment