Monday, June 27, 2011

Ice Cream Monday

So, back to work today! And Brook's mum came to stay for the night, they're watching 'Black Swan' on DVD while I do some lesson planning and blogging. I'm relieving for an upper intermediate class all mornings this week, and they're really nice. A very cool mix of friendly students, and quite a high level. We're looking at 'celebrations' and they've got heaps of good stories of different celebrations from Thailand, Taiwan, China, Columbia, and Korea. Plenty of fun :) 

My arvo class has had quite the mix around, there's about four new students. This tends to make the class a bit more quite while everyone gets comfy again and works out where they fit. Only five people showed up today though, so it was pretty relaxed. We did some work on countable and non-coutable nouns to do with ordering drinks, and they were so into it! I though they'd find it boring, but they were very keen to learn how to order drinks, learn about different containers (glass, cup, carton, shot glass, etc.) and practice the intonation for ordering. It was a good lesson.

So, today's 5:

1) Two good lessons, with interesting content and enthusiastic students.

2) The buses are heated. Apparently it was 3 degrees this morning, and man was it heaven to get on the bus and warm up after waiting in the cold!

3) I listened to some music I liked when I was younger, Scooter to be exact, and it was cracking me up, big time! The lyrics are so bad they're funny!!

4) Brook's mum took us to Renkon for dinner where I had beef yakiniku. It was delicious!

5) And to top it all off, I had Movenpick ice-cream (vanilla brownie flavour) in a waffle cone for dessert. Some days that ice-cream seems to have magical properties.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment