Monday, September 30, 2013

More fun stuff Monday

So, it's been another jam packed week! I am starting to think I might need to slow down a little, as I'm feeling kind of run down and am possibly getting a cold. One of my co-workers has tonsillitis, and I am REALLY hoping it's not that!! But, that didn't stop me from having an awesome week and weekend. Sadly, no Jay this week. It's only the second or third time I haven't seen him each week since we started dating (nearly four months ago now). He had a huge event on - his company was opening a new subsidiary business to do with some business thing I don't understand (he said small start-up incubation, whatever that means). Anyway, because I am a lovely girlfriend, I made him his favourite cookies and left them in his mailbox on my way past his house on Sunday. I was going hiking, and it was only 10 mins out of my way, so I thought it'd be a nice thing to do. He hasn't been home to find them yet :)

So, last week - teaching was good, pretty normal. Wednesday was the Universities foundation day, which meant no classes, but we had to go in for a short ceremony, then I had lunch with some of my workmates, and then ended up being in a big meeting for the reading textbook I'm helping organise/write. We met with the dean and the publisher to see if it was going to go ahead. So far, so good, and we're going to start getting it written. I'm working closely with Thomas on a special advanced part of the book, which is really cool. He's a very smart guy, and I can learn a lot from him, but he also seems to really respect my input and ideas, so that's great.

We watched 'The Lovely Bones' for my film class on Friday. It's such a great film. But two of the Russian girls in the class were crying so hard they needed tissues. As the teacher, I just conveniently left the room during the really sad bits.

And then it was the weekend. On Saturday I babysat Ollie for a few hours. Yes, I was left alone with a 9 month old baby. I fed him, changed his nappy (first one ever), and all that goodness. I really like him - he's an awesome kid. Then Bekah came home and we had lunch and hung out for a bit. Then I went into Suwon to buy some new gym shoes, but returned with new jeans and a lovely sweater instead:


The jeans come from the men's section, but fit me perfectly! Score :) And for only $40.

On Sunday I went barefoot trekking and chestnut picking with a meetup group. The group was lovely and I had a nice time.

6 am catching the bus from home - cold and raining.

Really painful rock foot 'massage' road.

The muddy healing path


barefoot trekking



It's supposed to be healing mud.




Mandoo at the market with hot Nepalese guy, Subash.

Mandoo lady

Lunch


Pretty good for $6 each!



On to the chestnut picking/colllecting






I have no idea what I'm going to do with this bag of nuts I now have!

Then today, Monday, I've been feeling pretty yuck and resting most of the time. But, I did find the energy to make these:

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment