Friday, September 6, 2013

Fall Friday

Fall - the autumn kind, not the trip over my feet kind - is definitely here. The humidity suddenly dissipated and the temperatures dropped a good 5-10 degrees in the space of a few days. I've signed up for at least four hiking trips over the next month and a bit to make the most of the weather while I can. Before I know it, it'll be too cold for me to want to walk up a hill outside!

To welcome the cooler weather I went and bought a light down jacket from Uniqlo yesterday. All my jackets that are really warm are also very long, which is not ideal for hiking and stuff. So, I got myself one of these:
In this colour, too.
It's really light and packs away into this tiny little bag - ideal for those days when you want to take something warm, but know you'll also want to take it off but don't want to carry a massive jacket around in your arms. So, happy with that purchase :)

What else is going on? Well, not a whole lot. Jay is crazily busy, so no dates for me. I'm thinking of going to the Dongdaemun market tomorrow to pick up some crafting stuff so I can make my apartment feel a bit more cosy. It feels rather utilitarian right now. And I'm still waiting on that darn bookcase delivery.

Oh! Some excellent news! The article I wrote last year is finally getting published in November! They'll send me a copy of the magazine and... wait for it... are going to pay me for it! Nowhere at all during the process was money mentioned, so I don't know how that came about, but they said they'll pay me or I can have a free subscription to the magazine. How much they pay depends on how many pages it takes up in the magazine, so I have to wait a bit to find out. I'll see how much it is, and how much I'll lose in the currency exchange, and will probably take the subscription, since I've been meaning to get one for about a year anyway. So, that's pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment