Thursday, February 14, 2013

Paleo for a week Thursday

As some of you might know, I'm generally a 'primal' eater. When I'm not travelling I don't eat grains, sugar, or legumes. Exceptions are made for the odd BR ice cream :) And I include rice in my diet because I'm not trying to lose weight. But, anyway - that's how I eat. However, since leaving Korea in October, I haven't even tried. I've had too many other things to do and/or very little control over my meals. Plus, I want to try everything unrestricted when I travel - I still want to really experience places through their food.

But, I'm back on track now, thanks to a mini-challenge over on Nerd Fitness. I haven't had grains, dairy, or legumes for 7 days, and the only sugar I've had was in the most delicious gluten free dark-choc orange cake IN THE WHOLE WORLD last Saturday. It was so good, I'm going to have another one this Saturday! Whoa,  it was so amazing! But, I digress - I'm gluten free now! If you'd told me a year ago that'd I'd be voluntarily "going gluten free", I'd have laughed. But, seven days in and I'm feeling great.

Here's some of my meals:

Breakfast smoothie

Bacon and egg 'pie'

Paleo chilli

No comments:

Post a Comment