Monday, February 25, 2013

Made it to Korea Monday

Apart from being a bit turbulent at times, I made it to Korea safe and sound last night. Andy came to the airport and picked me up, we got some dinner, and then I crashed into bed! I managed to sleep all night - through till about 6am, which was good. Hopefully that means I can get into the time difference without too much trouble.

I'm staying at Andy's house while I work out where I want to be and what I want to do. I'm going to give it two weeks before I start trying to decide on anything, but whatever I do decide, it probably wont involve living in this apartment. It's very small for two people (probably around the same size as my apartment last year, but laid out worse (kitchen is much worse) so it feels a lot smaller). It's also a lot more run down. Not horribly, but I'd like some more space. I can either get that by moving out by myself, or by pooling my money with Andy and getting somewhere worth almost double what this one is (so bigger and nicer). I've just got to wait and see which one of those options is the one I want to pick.

I've spent the morning cleaning the bathroom. What is it about boys and bathrooms? Andy is a clean, clean guy, but his bathroom was FULL of scum and mould. It is now fully cleaned and disinfected. And he has to buy me dinner for doing it. I'd say that's a double win.

Not so winning, is that I have no money! There's two cans of tuna, some rice, and two overripe bananas in the house, so I went out to find an ATM, get some cash and buy some food. None of the 5+ ATMs that I tried would give me money off my credit card. They all either said I'd exceeded my limit, or didn't have enough funds - which isn't true! Or just plain old wouldn't accept a foreign credit card - that was common too. One card is US$700 in credit, and the other has it's full limit available - I just paid my bill this morning. Haha, so I had to come home and eat a can of tuna :D

And that's all I've done today. Tomorrow I will venture forth with my passport to try and open a bank account!

No comments:

Post a Comment