Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life Monday

I remember through highschool and university wondering when it would feel like my 'real life' had started. I just realised that this afternoon, without me even noticing, I've been living it for a while. It doesn't begin with fanfare at graduation, or at 18, or even at 21. Somewhere along the way you just realise you're playing for keeps, this is it, and you'd better try your hardest to make it awesome.

Things I've done today to make my one life awesome include sitting on the beach thinking for two hours, booking a trip to Disneyworld alone, sending off my contract for a year of working in a university in Korea, and paying more than four times what I normally do for the nicest hotel room of my life. It's so nice I'd happily live in it.

My five things for today are:

1) Strawberries

2) painted toe nails

3) the beach

4) sun glasses

5) writing and lesson planning

No comments:

Post a Comment