Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What a year, 2012 Monday

I arrived in Florida successfully, if a bit down and anxious. Amy, absolute angel that she is, picked me up from the airport, took me to dinner and got me checked into my hotel. After a good night's sleep and a long walk on the beach this morning, I'm feeling a bit better. The anxiety has toned it down a bit, and I voluntarily ate breakfast, which is great... even if it consisted of an ice cream and some beef jerky.

So, this is the last day of 2012. Really, its been quite year. I've travelled to seven different countries, kicked some major butt on my bucket list, over come some pretty tough times emotionally, stuck it out through a horrible job, ate 31 different flavours of ice cream, ended a six year relationship, broke up with Andy twice, fell for a guy in Italy, sailed down the Nile, rode a camel, and so much more. Now, here I end the year in Florida, nowhere near where I expected to be, single for the first time in eight years, great job on the horizon, and scared out of my mind. I always felt like life should be an adventure, and it sure is.

There's a bunch of stuff I want to do in 2013, so I'm going to get to work on a wee list of things want to do this coming year. Its sort of exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment