Saturday, January 26, 2013

Five on Saturday

I've been home for a week and a half now. Things for Korea are progressing well. I picked up my visa on Friday, and have my teaching schedule, start date, and flights all organised. I'm getting really excited about going back, and am feeling really enthusiastic to get back into teaching! I'm not missing travelling at all, though the sudden transition from alone and go-go-go new place every few days, to hanging out at mum and dad's house has left me feeling a bit lost.

Starting on Monday, I plan to begin using my down time a little better. I want to do more yoga, write and article for Busy Teacher about using poetry in the classroom, and I'm starting an online course through 'Coursera' on how to transfer your lessons and teaching into an online environment. I'd like to add a little more structure to my mornings, if nothing else, so some writing, exercise, and study should do the trick :)

Other than that, Jenni is coming up to hang out for the night in a couple of weeks, uncle Mark and Ashley are coming for dinner tomorrow, and I'm house sitting for two weeks while mum and dad go on holiday. And we went out for an awesome lunch in Auckland yesterday with Matt, who just won an overseas trip at work! I'm really proud of him.

So, as you can see, I've updated some areas of the blog for the new year. My bucket list got a bit of an update, I finished off the Baskin Robbins challenge, and added some new links. One of my goals this year is definitely to save some money to go and visit Amy again! But this year I don't want to spend ALL my money on travel. I'd better start putting some away for 'the future'. Or something.

So, the Baskin Robbins challenge is over. What should my new challenge be for this next year in Korea?

And here's five nice things for this week:

1) Lunch out with my whole family!

2) playing with Jessie

3) Mum's cooking (tonight it's duck!)

4) Thanks to Amy's recommendation, I've started watching the Korean drama 'Personal Taste' and am really enjoying it.

5) I made a key lime pie for dessert tomorrow! I hope it's nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment