Sunday, January 6, 2013

Five on a Saturday

It's the first weekend and of 2013. I'm feeling really positive about this year. There are a few main things I want to achieve in the next 12 months, and a ton of other smaller things, too!

This year I want to get my money sorted out and put it to work in a sensible way. I want to save for both short term and long term. Up until now I have had no problem saving, but I then spend it all, which is fine as that's always what I intended it for, but it's time to start looking further ahead now. A little bit, at least.

I also want to work more on my writing. I want to get some more articles done online, and maybe try for another in-print publication.

I want to work hard at my new job (fingers crossed, haven't signed anything yet). I'm a little bit intimidated by it, but I think that's good... I'm not taking the easy way out.

I'd like to, if it fits in my budget, spend my vacations exploring the States more too. It's sort of captured my imagination a bit, and I'm really enjoying my time here.

However, for now, I am burnt out on solo travel and need a breather. I'm flying back to NZ on Monday the 14th, for just over a month. For now, I've reached my travel tolerance threshold!

In terms of moods and emotions, I'm doing ok. I think I'm on the way up. The anxiety is definitely lessening and I haven't had to cry for days. I'm still feeling pretty flat, but concentrating on the awesomeness of where I am (Southern Florida) and all of the amazing things and people in my life is helping me get better.

Speaking of people in my life, Andy has been in contact. He asked me to go back to Korea. When I told him I was, he told me he loves me, and really really wants to get back together. He says he knows he wasn't his best for me and has changed, and so on. I care for him, and am still really attracted to him, but I'm not sure if going back to that relationship is a good idea. I mean, I know I'd enjoy it, and we always had fun and I like his company, but I'm not sure it's what I want forever. And that's what I'm supposed to be looking for now, right? Now that I'm 25 its supposed to change? Or maybe I changed. Or something. Or if it's fun and feels good, I should just do it?

Anyway, today's five things:

1) Amy and I went to Miami yesterday, which was a fun experience. I feel like a cool kid now I've been to Miami :D

2) I'm reading 'Chicken soup for the the soul: positive thinking' and the stories are really great and feel good.

3) I have eaten two bananas and a bunch of baby carrots. I feel slightly healthier than before :)

4) I'm going to make 2013 my year of awesome. No more putting up with crappy stuff to 'see it through' or keeping my mouth shut because its easier. I'll either make it amazing, or do something else.

5) (TOUCH WOOD) I have money, I have options, I have love, I have food, I have friends, I have family, I have a dog, I have more to give, I have health, I have community, I have goals, I have dreams, I have the chance to be and experience phenomenal things.

No comments:

Post a Comment