Friday, October 5, 2012

Red skirt Friday


Yesterday was my first attempt at wearing leggings, and today I'm being daring (for me) again and wearing a bright red almost-mini-skirt. It's not really mini (wikipedia says that to be a miniskirt it has to end 10cm or less from my buttocks, and I'm pretty sure my skirt is a bit longer than that), but anyway. It's awesome and it's red. And really comfy!

I had a really great Skype chat to Jen last night. She just broke up with her boyfriend, and while she is heartbroken and upset, she's is being so mature and together about the whole thing. I'm really proud of her for being so introspective and calm. I feel like, while I know she's unhappy about it, she is learning so, so much about who she is and what she wants in her life. It's kind of awesome. Sucks, but awesome. We talked for a good hour, and I'm not sure it helped her any (she seems to be doing fine on her own), it felt really good to be there for her as much as I could. I am really looking forward to hanging out while I'm home.

So, only 5.5 days of work to go. It's like the closer I get to never having to deal with him again, the more my frustrations with Mr B. are coming to the surface. I mean, I've always been frustrated (lol, check out my entries from when I started work here a year ago - nothing has changed!!), but it's like now that I know I only have a little bit to go, I've got permission to REALLY feel pissed off. For example, mid-term exams start on Monday. I wrote the listening portion of the English exam maybe a month ago (or more?), but have we recorded it yet? No. Friday is halfway over, he's had the material for over 4 weeks, and we haven't done a thing. This means it will either be done in a panic later this afternoon, or like last time, he will try to get me to meet up and do on the weekend (haha, nah. I'm not giving up my weekend to fix your disorganisation) and I'll come in to work 'early' on Monday and do it before school. It's kind of a lucky-dip as to what will happen. I'm toying with the idea of politely asking why he leaves recording until the VERY last minute, but it might be more trouble than it's worth. I'm pretty sure he caught the tale end of one of my 'you're a fucktard' faces yesterday, and I don't want to piss him off. The school owes me lots of money and I want it quickly and without fuss.

For some reason, Mr. B. is doing all the teaching today, even though some of the classes are doing the parts of the textbook I always teach. Not sure what the deal with that is. But anyway, it allowed me to spend all morning on Pinterest. I was actually pinning ESL related stuff, so it was kind of work related. I do have another article for Busy Teacher than I'm about 1/4 through writing, but I'm just not in the mood right now. I'll probably finish it next week. Also on the agenda for next week is getting a class photo taken with all the different grades at school, and getting a pic of Mr B for mum (I haven't forgotten!). Next Friday I might be showing the new teacher around, though not a single thing has been said to me about this. Actually, now that I think about it, I might need accommodation for Thursday night - I'm not sleeping on the floor for the night if I have to share for one night with the new teacher like I had to with Rosie. But, then again, My last day is a Friday and their first day is a Monday, so maybe they'll arrive on the weekend and I'll never meet them. I'll ask next week. And be all packed and ready to go on Wednesday, just in case.

Today's five things:
1) I had a rockin' smoothie for breakfast. Key ingredient? Pureed pumpkin! Yum!

2) Today's lunch was bony fish carefully disguised to look like chicken. I was 100% disappointed. The upside of this? Only 5 school lunches to go!

3) I love my new red skirt!

4) Biggest problem at the moment? Deciding what to wear on the plane. (touch wood).

5) Some days I love working with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment