Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Dealing with it Wednesday

I had a bad evening yesterday. I was doing ok, dealing with things, accepting the changes... and then Andy texts me. Not to add anything new to the conversation, but to tell me 'Good bye'. It was unnecessary and really upsetting. I'd been dealing pretty well up until then, but that was just the straw that broke the camels back. I'm the camel, obviously. I felt so instantly awful - things inside me we prickling, burning, twisting. I needed to DO something. So, I booked a flight home 4 days earlier than planned. Yes, it inconvenient, an impulse decision, and possibly a waste of money, but I just couldn't stand the idea of spending those 4 days alone in Seoul waiting to go home with nothing to do or think about other than how awful I was feeling. So, I just clicked 'buy tickets', and felt better right away. And today I am doing ok. And I ate some food. And wrote a really long and convincing list of all the reasons why Andy is not the man for me, anyway. Seriously, it's convincing :)

So, it's Wednesday. Only two days to go, after this one. One of the lady teachers was talking to me in the bathroom, and asked if I was staying to teach here for another year. I was like "No, did Mr B. not tell you? My last day is Friday". She was like "What!?!". Haha, good to know they keep the other teachers informed of when the foreign teachers come and go. But, then she told me she "hates" Mr B., so tries to never talk to him. She said she really doesn't like him, finds him annoying and creepy, and that he talks way too much. I was just like yeah, I know! So, interestingly, my hatred of Mr B. is perhaps not just me. Perhaps he is a dickhead of international status?

On Friday, I'll have taught at Namsa for 365 days. Honestly, this year has not been that great. I know, I'm a bit low right now, but seriously, it's been a bit stink. Not totally, I have had fun, been fairly content, and had some good times, but overall, if we average it out = not spectacular. I don't regret it, and some of the good times were amazing, but I'm not in a hurry to repeat it :)

In other news, I just got all my coins deposited into my bank account. I had over 10,000w in 10w and 50w pieces. Yes, those numbers are correct, and yes, it was heavy! That's what happens when you deal in nothing but cash for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment