Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Five on a Tuesday

Yes, I'm still alive. No, I haven't blogged in a while. I just lost the urge there. I'm not sure if I'll start up again consistently or not. So, things have changed a bit since I've been gone! I'm currently living (though it feels more like 'perching' in my co-workers house while she is away for the summer. it's great because the house is lovely, rent free, and I can walk to work. It's not so great because it's not mine and I feel quite unsettled. However, I have joined a local gym and am making friends at work (like, outside of work), so life is good. Due to reasons I won't go into, I've had to cut Andy completely out of my life, and I think that's for the best.

One major drawback to my current living situation is that there is no air conditioning. It's not so much that it's brutally hot, but the humidity is horrible. My snacking behaviour is also getting a bit out of control, and I'm starting to feel the effects of eating processed food. So, feeling unsettled and sticky, and a tad 'out of sorts', I've decided to update with five things that I am grateful for, or that made me happy today:

1) My best friend, Amy. We manage to crack each other up even via text message. She is one first class human being!

2) Work! It's currently summer camp time, and I'm teaching two of the most wonderful classes. The students are so much fun, so motivated, curios, and interesting.

3) My co-workers. They are just as bizarre as me, and never a day goes by where I don't laugh out loud at something or someone. They are also kind, considerate, and helpful.

4) I can make it on my own. I've been without Andy (aka my Korean helper) for over two weeks and have managed to do everything I need without him.

5) I am grateful for flipflops. They are quick, easy, and comfortable. Not to mention they keep your feet cool and it doesn't matter if they get soaked in the monsoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment