Sunday, July 14, 2013

Five for the Weekend




And that pretty much sums up the weather this weekend.

That's the rainy street in Gangnam as I waited for my bus home on Saturday evening. Today (Sunday) it's been a big thunder storm and pouring rain all day. I was going to do my week's grocery shopping, but decided to just ration what's in the fridge until tomorrow.

So, I've had a really nice weekend. I spent lots of time with Jay on Sturday, which was fun. We ended up watching a very long and rather bizarre Indian film, which was weird, but funny. The film was weird, not us watching it. We also went to a, I guess, kind of speciality Korean BBQ place where they give you three different types of pork to eat. It was so good! It was, as you might have guessed, raining mos of the time, so we didn't really get up to much. Next weekend though...

Next weekend I'm going paragliding (fingers crossed the weather improves). I've been wanting to try it for years, and then a meetup popped up last week and I signed up right away! I am really, really excited about it. It's on Sunday, and I'd better remember to charge up my camera. The trip also involves exploring some nearby caves - I think it's going to be really awesome!

Then, the Sunday after that I've signed up to go kayaking down a river with a meetup group. I actually singed up and paid for two people to go, but haven't decided who I want to invite. I'm not sure Jay is into outdoor type things - but I'll probably ask him anyway. If not, Jon from work is always mentioning he wants to get out and try new things. He and I have hung out for dinner a couple of times after work in the past couple of weeks (no, mum, just friends), so I'll probably invite him.

In other news, my protein powder arrived! I've always been kind of leery of it, and kind of thought it was pointless, but man - trying to eat enough protein when weightlifting when your appetite (and budget) are as small as mine? It's tricky. Well, this stuff is a big protein boost and is absolutely delicious! Seriously, I'm limiting myself to only one protein shake and only after a workout, otherwise I'm just going to eat the whole thing! Coconut milk, water, a frozen banana, and a scoop of chocolate fudge flavoured protein powder for breakfast after a workout - so, so good.

As for my workouts - want to see some progress? I've been lifting for three months now. I just got my first bodyweight lift and have started a new program, which will hopefully one day have me squatting my bodyweight too (that day will be epic). Here's three months of tummy progress:

April, before I started lifting; May, six weeks in; July, 12 weeks in
My weight is within 2kg of where I started, but you can definitely see more definition, and I slimmed down a good couple of centimetres on my hips. And, that's just the results you can see - the ones I can feel are even better. I love it - and it's good for me too :)

Ok, and now for the weekend's top five things:
1) Nice date with handsome, interesting guy.

2) I skyped with Jenni and IM'd with Amy - I love those two!

3) I'm having chicken and chips for dinner. Well, baked chicken wings and kumara wedges :D

4) Next week is the last week of camp and then I get a week's vacation! (and I'm buying myself a birthday present)

5) Paragliding and kayaking coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment