Sunday, March 24, 2013

Surprise on a Sunday

It's Sunday today and my cold is feeling not so bad. Either it's just not a truly awful cold, or the weird experience from yesterday was actually beneficial. Either way, I'm having a good day today. I started off with a lovely chat with mum, on Skype. It was so nice to see her and hear about what's going on at home. They recently got stranded in Vanuatu for nearly five days, so she had some stories to tell :D

After that (and playing the computer a while), I decided to go for a walk. I checked the mail on the way out and my ARC has arrived! So, tomorrow = credit cards and cellphones! Woohoo! I also checked the rubbish pile for promising looking furniture to redecorate and there's a mid-sized chest of drawers out there I want. Hopefully Andy will help me get them when he gets home. I'm not sure quite why, as the stuff is in fine condition, but there's just something vaguely shameful about taking things out of the rubbish. But, I have plans for these drawers. I'm going to a huge fabric and craft market/centre tomorrow in Seoul, and I've got about three projects in mind to buy for. I'm excited!

But, my biggest surprise came when I decided to explore the complex where I live. I've only even walked from the entrance to my building (there's a few different buildings - 5 or 6? Any way, I walked in the other direction around the parking lot and came across a dirt path leading through some farm patches and up onto a hill. I walked up there along a really pretty little trail and eventually came to a flat, mown area with benches, exercise equipment, and a wee pagoda. It was lovely! There was sun and sky and grass and trees. Very nice.







I was planning on going hiking this weekend, but who wants to go hiking with a cold? So, while this wasn't 'proper' hiking, I'm going to count it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment