Monday, March 25, 2013

Frittata Monday

So, it turns out rice cookers are not just for rice. Do you know what you can make perfectly in a rice cooker? That's right! Frittata! I just made one for my lunch this week and it came out beautifully. I'll be experimenting more with using the rice cooker as an oven.

Today didn't end up being what I wanted, but it was a great day. I was so excited about going to the fabric market and getting started on some projects, but when I woke up this morning I discovered that while my cold was a whole heap better (thanks to doctor mirror head???), I've pulled a muscle in my back. Probably when I carried the chest of drawers from the trash with Andy. BTW, they are awesome and I have BIG BIG plans for them. So, I didn't go to Seoul - hours on a train with a spasming back didn't seem like a great idea.

Instead, Andy (who took the day off work to do stuff with his building) came with me in the afternoon and helped me get my phone hooked up and my bank account sorted. I also got paid today! So now I've got a phone, a bank card, and money to spend - life is just a little bit simpler now.

Yesterday I made an appointment at the hairdresser in Dongtan that someone recommended to me. On Monday I will be getting a perm! Awesome and true. The totally lovely hairdresser trained in NZ, and when I told her where I was from she gave me a huge hug and we talked about Auckland a bit. She was so, so, so nice. I'm really looking forward to going - and I've seen the results of what she can do, and I'm keen to give it a go.

I've also signed up for a beginners hike on Saturday on a very easy trail south of here and by the sea. I was feeling like it was time to get out and get going with life in Korea, so here I go.

The craft will just have to wait a couple of weeks. But those drawers are going to be so much fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment