Tuesday, March 5, 2013

First day of work Tuesday


I was pretty nervous about my first day of work most of the weekend. While I managed to sleep well, I was fairly tense this morning. Andy has his foot operation today and wanted to drive me to work, which was nice – but actually took longer than the bus :D

So, I was anxious about work, but once I got to the university I felt fine. I got in, did some desk work, chatted to a few people, and was sweet as. Then I got a class list for the one class I was teaching today and it had one student on it. One! I’d prepared a lesson plan which consisted primarily of group activities, so I scrambled to put together a one-on-one conversation class. I got that done, and found the right classroom, only to wait half an hour and have no student show up! So, that’s two lesson plans I did and then never needed. I’m not sure if students will transfer into the class or if it will be cancelled or what. So, my first day was really anticlimactic!

I’ve been working hard all day though, and have gotten lots of my classes syllabuses sorted. I’m feeling much more comfortable with the whole thing. I’ve still got more work to do, but I’ve got it under control.

A very pleasant day at work – everyone is very helpful and nice. Now, just got to get the teaching underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment