Friday, November 16, 2012

Walked in totaly the wrong direction Friday

So, I slept really well, despite waking up very early. I'm feeling good today. Travelling alone is much more difficult than having a friend along, though. Plus, I have to deal with all these feelings of guilt every time I'm not out *making the most of it*. Like right now, I've been walking non stop for over 4 hours and I've come back to my hostel for a rest, but I feel like I should be out there doing more. But, I'm on holiday, right?  If I want to spend a couple of hours in the afternoon blogging and reading, then I can!

Well, this morning I left my hostel, after a shower where I discovered that c stands for hot in Italian. I was going to walk to this amazing sounding park with all these museums and galleries in it, but I walked in totally the wrong direction! I ended up at the colosseum! Haha :) I didn't want to spend too much time, or go into the Colosseum because it's a part of my tour later and I don't want to ruin that. But, there was a bunch of stuff to look at in the area. Plus, it seems that every few streets there's some other *really old thing* to look at.

Anyway, thank goodness I'd taken my tablet with me, because it's GPS works even with no internet, so I could see where I was and how to find my way back :) pretty handy! I also got some lunch while I was out. I stopped at a little cafe place and had a very yummy spinach, mozzarella, and salami sandwich. I was pleased.

So, the park is on the list for tomorrow. I also need to work out how to use the subway here. I can't go walking so far I don't have the energy to actually see the attractions. I'm also not sure I want to go to Naples still. There's so much to see an do here in Rome, I might just stay here and do a good job of experiencing it. I'll change hostels and areas though.this one is fine, but I'll get more variety if I move around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment