Monday, November 19, 2012

Trevi Fountain Sunday

Today feels like it has been quite the day. To start off with, I was supposed to have a Skype date with Andy this morning, but he forgot about it. I'm none too pleased about that. No ones ever forgotten me before. I'm not really too sure whether to make a big deal out of it or just let it go. I nearly always let everything go, but I sure don't like being forgotten when I've taken time out of my day IN FREAKING ROME to talk to you. But anyway, on with Rome!
I moved accommodation today. I'm paying double what was for the other place (so, $60 a night rather than $30), butinow feel like I'm in the lap of luxury! I'm in an actual hotel withdrawn bathroom, and key cards, and maids that clean every day. The neighborhood is filled with restaurants and the central station is about 5 mins walk away. The other place was clean, but old. Everything used old keys, so to go to the shared bathroom during the night was a big deal. The neighbourhood was fine, but abit seedy and graffitied, not to mention far away. Plus, I was seriously in danger of actually falling through the floor in a couple of spots in my room. Haha, so I'm totally feeling that it's and extra $30 night worth it right now :)
Now, I know I was supposed go and have gnocchi for dinner last night, butt started raining and my knee was sore, so I just ate my bananas instead. Today, my knee is still a little sore, but it might be getting better. I put a bandage thingies on it, so hopefully that will help.
What else did I do today? I went to a restaurant and had ravioli for lunch. It was pretty boring, just a ricotta filling with a cream sauce, but the sauce had mushrooms and prosciutto in it, and the cured pork here is sooooooo good! For dinner, in about an hour, I'm going to try and getinto this little restaurant down thread whatnot some good reviews online. Not sure what I'll have yet.
Besides eating, I also want to the Trevi fountain this afternoon. It's one of the most famous fountains in the world, and was built in the early 1600s! It was pretty big - like the whole front of a building, and was really cool to see. It wasn't too crowded either, I got some really good views of it without too much trouble. I spent some time just looking at it and taking some photos. Then I went to find this gelato place that I'd read was really amazing. I had it on my map and everything, but I couldn't find it at all! I tried some gelato from a different shop, but it was a bit dicey and I think it was low quality, so I threw it away. Life's too snort for bad ice cream!
So, now I'm back in my room having a wee rest before going to find some dinner. I've had a lovely day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment