Friday, November 9, 2012

Five things on a Friday

I've been really busy doing a whole lot of glorious nothing here at home! Well, I've been buying backpacks, booking accommodation, fixing up my car to sell, playing with my tablet, and visiting my granddad. My brother has taken ALL my money and booked my whole trip, so next Wednesday, off I go to Italy!

I know, I didn't go into much detail on the Andy thing. Last thing you heard from me, we were all broken up forever. But, turns out maybe not so much. He has decided he actually doesn't want what his parents want him to do with his life, and instead would like to be with me. Which is kind of awesome. Sucks for his mum and dad, but I'm on my side :) Right now he is busy finding an apartment in Korea. Which is a huge step! I'm a bit sad that I don't get to help choose where we'll live, but I understand him wanting to find somewhere and get out from under his mum and dad. I'm just kind of thinking of it as if he'd already moved out of home when I met him, and I'll just be moving into his place when I get back to Korea. I'm really excited!!

What else? Life with my Samsung tablet (I got the Galaxy Note 10.1, fyi) is great. The more I use it, the more I like it. Mum and I spent about an hour the other day playing a brick dropping game called 'Save the Cheese' or something. Dumb, but fun!

Also, I made truffles using white chocolate and crème fraiche ganache mixed with this amazing dehydrated fruit powder they've started selling. They worked SO well! The crème fraiche really helped tame the sweetness of the white chocolate and the texture was really good and super easy to work with. I'm very pleased with how they turned out - definitely a recipe to continue to work with. And so easy! Melt 150g of white chocolate (I used Bennetts) and mix in 1/3 cup of crème fraiche. Done! And obviously, mine are coated in dark chocolate.

Yeah, my style is 'rustic'.

Raspberry flavour

Mandarin

White chocolate
And now, five things for a Friday:

1) I had a lovely lunch with my Mum and Granddad yesterday,

2) Mum is cooking the nicest food every day!

3) I'm packed and ready to go.

4) I think my brother got me a great deal on my holiday.

5) It's sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment