Thursday, November 1, 2012

New Plans Thursday

Hi mum!
Hi Jenni!
So, I've been in NZ for just over two weeks, and have two more weeks to go. It's lovely being with mum and dad, and I'll be sad to leave them. But not too sad because....

I'm going to Italy and Egypt!!

My awesome brother, who works for Flight Centre, has organised me a month-long holiday :) I'm spending two weeks in Italy, one week alone and one week on a Contiki tour, and then two weeks in Egypt, four days alone and 10 days on a Toucan tour. In my own time in Italy (7-8 days) I'm planning to go south of Rome to Naples for some pizza, and then across country to Matera, then back to Rome to start the tour which covers Rome, Florence (including Tuscan countryside and the tower of Pisa), and Venice in eight days. Then I have a couple more days in Italy, and fly to Cairo, Egypt! I have three nights alone, then meet up with the tour group to spend 10 days exploring Cairo, Luxor, cruising the river Nile, and looking around Aswan. Pyramids and Pizza in one month! I'm so excited!

Not sure what I'm most excited for: pizza, gelato, pyramids, the river Nile... too many awesome things to choose from!

And what comes after this month of travel? Well, if you're not Jenni or my mum you might be surprised to learn that Andy has changed his mind about breaking up and finding someone to marry. So, after much thought and many serious conversations, both with him and my parents, I'm flying to Korea after Egypt to find an apartment with Andy! Not the way I was expecting things to go, but I'm really happy :)

And here's a top five things about being home:

1) Awesome conversations with Mum and Dad.

2) Being with my dog.

3) Mum's cooking.

4) The way NZ smells (awesome).

5) Hanging out with Jenni.

1 comment:

  1. I still read these Sammy!! Altho i always have to do catchup, which is sometimes overwhelming as there is always so much going on in your life! Which is gooooood! So great you got to go back to NZ, and that NZ SMELLS good! ha. And difficult stuff with Andy! You're so strong though! Love that you booked your flights earlier on impulse! haha!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete