Monday, February 6, 2012

Back to work Monday


Another long gap in posting. Doesn't really matter though, since pretty much the only person who reads this is my mum, and I've been able to talk to her lots J.
          So, my two weeks of holiday is sadly over and I'm back at work today. What did I do with my holiday time? I had a totally blast playing Star Wars! Bit bummed I have to go earn money and don't get to play all day, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do :D. In the middle weekend of my two weeks off I went to the Taebaek snow festival, about 4 hours east of Seoul. I only went on the day trip version of the tour because I didn't want to ski the next day. I'm glad I did because the only people who did stay overnight made me super uncomfortable! Anyway, the day only group was a neat bunch of mainly Americans. The festival itself was not really worth the 8+ hours of bus trip involved in the trip, but the sculptures were pretty cool. And we had a nice lunch. Which we almost didn't get. Our trip leader wasn't very organized. We arrived at the festival (which was PACKED!) and all the restaurants were full up. There was a big area of outdoor food tents though. I said "why don't we eat there", and he was like "Oh no, you won't like that food". I said "What food won't I like", and he replied "weird food". Luckily the whole group was pretty gung-ho and so we got to go to the tents. And it wasn't 'weird food' at all. Not sure what the guy was on. I hate it how people assume what I will and won't eat based on the fact I'm white. Just 'cos the rest are picky eaters! Anywho, it was a good day out.
          What else? Not much. Just hanging out by myself and with the girls occasionally. We're going out for BBQ tonight, actually. I LOVE Korean BBQ! I asked if we could to try and counter the suck-y-ness of being back at work. All the students and teachers are back in today - doing what I have no idea, but I have nothing to do. I spent the morning making some after school class stuff, and then this afternoon researching things to do in Taipei. I'm excited about the Zoo and the food mostly. And that the temperature won't be below 0. Actually, I think I'm acclimatising. Any time the temperature is above freezing, I walk out the door and think "oh, it's warm today". And by 'warm' I mean like 3 degrees J. It's all relative. And I reckon winter is on its slow way out. Spring is keeping me going.
          For some reason there's a barrage of strawberries in Korea (or where I am anyway) at the moment. They a bit watery and not very strawberry-ish, but I'm enjoying my HUGE EXPENSIVE bowl of them. And have become a bit addicted to these strawberry tarts at Paris Baguette. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment