Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Back to Five things

So, the longer you go without blogging, the harder it is to come back to. All the stuff you haven't written kind of log-jams up the river of blog! So, I'm going to forget about trying to get caught up, and instead try to return to the original purpose of the blog: 5 things each day that have made me happy (or smile at the very least).

Living in another country certainly has its ups and downs, and this week has been a bit of a down. The constant cold is really wearing, the pointless and badly organised work environment is battering me mentally, and senseless worrying about my 'future' has me with knots in my tummy, clenched jaws, and a headache. So, alongside plans to get more active and more social (running and weekly Korean classes, respectively), I want to get back to five things.
So, here it goes:

1) It is a beautiful day! Cold, but clear and sunny. In a bid to spend some time outside, I have organised an English Language scavenger hunt for my 'Spring Camp' class today.

2) I am going to buy a new pair of running shoes tonight after work.

3) Tomorrow is a public holiday and I'm going to catch the bus and explore a bit of Seoul for the day. I'd like a new picture to hang in my apartment.

4) The new school term starts on Friday, which means the return of school lunches. My days at school have not been the same without lunch to look forward to :) And I've especially learned some Korean phrases so I can talk to the lunch ladies. I can ask what something is, say it's delicious, or that I don't like it.

5) Last night I managed to speak Korean to some actual Koreans :) I was with a couple of friends, and we liked the look of what the table beside us were eating. I said to them in Korean: "Sorry. What is that there?", and they told me, and showed me on the menu, and I thanked them... all in Korean :) Next time we go out, we might have the tasty looking pork and kimchi stew thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment