Monday, February 17, 2014

They say it helps...

Apparently being grateful, and thinking about what you're grateful for, is a mood-booster. Seeing as I just left my family and returned to the cold, lonely wilds of Korea, I'm in need of a wee pick-me-up. So, five things I am grateful for today:

1) Washing machines. They get my clothes nice and clean and I barely have to do a thing. Can you imagine having to wash all your clothes by hand? I'd probably be one dirty (or naked?) person!

2) The gym. I went and lifted some heavyish things this morning, and I'm glad I did. It took my mind off things for a little while and I know it was good for me.

3) Dreams for the future. They say that 'catastrophizing about the future' is a normal part of a break-up, so at least I feel like my fears of being alone forever with only a million cats for company is a fear that will hopefully pass. In the meantime, I have an online bakery and craft store to set up.

4) The internet. Without it, how would I know stuff? :D I love that I can talk to my family, research things, and distract myself with fun stuff online. Thank God, otherwise I might have to engage in the "real world" :p

5) Mornings. Each day I wake up is a chance for something great, and a chance for me to be better than yesterday. In the morning, the day is full of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment