Saturday, January 21, 2012

StarWars Saturday

My StarWars game arrived yesterday evening!
Amazon emailed to say they had tried to deliver my package at 11am, but I was at work, so they couldn't. I ran home after work thinking I might just have time to grab the delivery note off my door and get to the post office before it closed at 6pm. However, Amazon used DHL to courier the box, and they left a note asking me to call them. So, at about 5.40pm, I did. I was bummed because I thought there was no way they'd get it to me quickly, and it was the end of the week AND a huge Korean public holiday weekend to boot. However, when I called they guy, who only just spoke English, knew who I was and told me that the package would be at my place at 6. I was a bit sceptical. 6? As in, in 20 minutes? Well, it was! Just after 6pm the courier delivered my game! I'm so impressed with the service :)

So, I've been playing StarWars all day. Here's a picture of my awesome Jedi Knight :)


Today I also went to the doctor about my cough. I asked online about a doctor in Osan, and one at Lotte Mart was recommended, so I went there. Yeah, the supermarket where I got my hair cut! So, groceries, hair salon, doctor, chemist, the also have glasses, clothes, and electronics. Anyway, the doctor was nice, spoke fantastic English (I feel so bad for not being able to communicate in Korean). Anyway, he gave me heaps of pills to try and clear up the cough, but said it wasn't pneumonia or bronchitis, which is great.

This is just three days worth of pills - All in morning, noon, and night sets. And all costing a total of $4.
Other than that, I am super pleased to be on holiday now. Two whole weeks of freedom! I have a feeling that a shopping spree in Seoul is immanent. I haven't really done any shopping since being in Korea, and my clothes need some serious updating. I wear the same, like, three outfits consistently.

As well as being sick of my clothes, I got very tired of teaching the same winter camp lessons late this week. It was the fourth time I'd done them, so I did something really different on Thursday. We built a dome. The kids really liked it, and I think they were quite pleased with themselves at the end. Again, the English learned was minimal, but I like to think that maybe they learned other stuff while they were at it - team work, follow diagrams, maybe even a little physics. My perceptions and understandings of my role as a teacher here and what the kids need is changing I think... but I'll write more about that another day. For now, here some picture of 'The Dome'.

Making the tubes.

Starting out.

First vertical bits.

Getting there...

Looking good...

Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment