Thursday, September 8, 2011

I haven't forgotten you Thursday

I am still alive! I just haven't been posting since I left NZ. It's quite time consuming to write a blog post every day, and while travelling I just don't have the energy. Mostly because I do so much every day, it'd take forever to write it all down. I am keeping a detailed diary though, which I'll type up and post here at some point.

So, I've only been gone from NZ for 5 days, but it feels like so long since I was there. I've been pretty homesick at some points already, which I'm sure you'll see when you read my travel diary pages. It's gotten pretty ugly emotionally! I think I'm doing better now though.

I'm in the free internet lounge at the Seoul airport, waiting for my flight to Hong Kong. I won't writemuch about what I'm doing or what I've done, as my diary will cover that fully. I've had fun, and hope I'll continue to have fun. I'm doubtful of my ability to be away from all those I love for an enitre year, but I'll give it a shot... even if I only last a month, at least I'll know I tried.

I highly doubt I'll be posting while on tour in China, so I'll see you in about a month! Wish me luck :)

Top 5 things about Korea so far (after 5 days there):

1) Seoul Grand Park Zoo. I loved it here, and it's only $3 to get in. The place is huge, and I'll probably go back. More about this in my diary.

2) Insadong. I liked the vibe here and I got an awesome charicature drawn. I'll post a pic when I have my equipment set up.

3) Seoul's inner city parks. They are really nice spaces and offer a wee rest from the heat, traffic, and concrete.

4) The stores they have that are 100% devoted to only stocking the cutest of everything. Seriously, I even saw a mickey mouse toaster oven.

5) There's so much going on. I've only been in Seoul 5 days and I've already managed to accidentally see/find two changing of the guard cerimonies, one big procession where they closed the street to cars (it was possibly a funeral??), one annual 'regions of Korea' market, and a free belllydancing show. That's a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment